Get involvedWe're only able to continue granting wishes thanks to incredible support from our volunteers and the generosity of our local communities and business partners. Get involved with Make-A-Wish and help make wishes come true. There are many ways your business can help bring the vital healing power of a wish to seriously ill children around Australia.
Cause related marketing
One of the most highly visible and attractive ways to engage your customers, boost revenue, media coverage, AND make vital wishes come true is to partner with us on a cause related marketing campaign. Currently, we work with Caltex, sass & bide, and dusk (to name just a few) who have had great results!
By aligning your product or service with our highly recognisable and trusted brand, you'll be able to:
- differentiate your product from the market;
- emotionally engage your customer base;
- attract new customers through alignment with an inspiring cause; and
- help make wishes come true!
“More than three million Australians switched from their normal product or service to another brand last year because the alternative brand supported a cause or charity, according to new research”
– Cavil & Co 2014
Click here to contact our Business Partnerships team and find out more.
Corporate donations and fundraising
Engage your staff, partners and networks through corporate fundraising and/or event ideas tailored to suit your organisation. By getting involved, your organisation can expect to experience the following benefits:
- improved team work and morale;
- reduce staff turnover and boost company loyalty;
- maximise employee engagement through access to our network of inspirational wish ambassadors;
- tax benefits for corporate donations;
- linking your fundraising to individual wishes in your local/state community
To get started, click through to our Workplace Fundraising Kit for more info and some great ideas.
Workplace giving and matched donations
Wishes at Work is an efficient and rewarding way to help give seriously ill children and teenagers around Australia the best chance of survival in the fight for their health. By encouraging your employees to participate, your organisation will benefit from:
- tax efficiency and low costs;
- simple and easy activation through your payroll system;
- the ability to showcase great corporate citizenship; and
- support collaboration with staff and generate goodwill through matching employee donations.
Another great way for your organisation to help Make-A-Wish is by making a donation of products or services. For example, to help us with the cost of wish travel, we're thrilled to have the support of Qantas assisting us with the cost of air travel, and The Langham helping us with the cost of accommodation. Here are some of the ways our wish kids could benefit from your gift-in-kind donation/s:
- include a range of products that we can use to help make wishes come true;
- the range of wishes our imaginative kids and teens make means we often need almost anything; from music products to outdoor equipment, animals – and everything in between;
- you'll be making a direct impact on a really sick child or teenager who's wish will come true thanks to your help.
Contact our Business Partnerships team to discuss your potential gift-in-kind donation.
Throughout the year, we have various fantastic opportunities available for corporate organisations to help make wishes come true through corporate volunteering. From encouraging donations at a village made out of gingerbread to helping to set up events, corporate volunteering is fun, doesn't necesarily take up a lot of time (can sometimes be only a few hours), and makes a big impact.
Find out how you and your organisation can get involved here.