Gifts in kind
We are incredibly thankful for to the many generous people, businesses and community groups who donate their professional services or goods to help make the impossible possible. Your in-kind contribution can help wishes come true, with a real and lasting difference for children battling life-threatening illnesses.
How you can help
At Make-A-Wish, our policy is to use gifts-in-kind in connection with a child’s unique wish journey (only).
To accept a gift-in-kind, we need to match your gift to a wish - not always an easy feat - given each wish is as unique and individual as the child who imagines them!
As a guide, we can generally accept:
- Concert tickets*
- Sport event tickets*
- Gift vouchers
- Experiences or tours with a registered business
- Hotel/resort accommodation
- New computers or computer accessories
- Signed merchandise
- Professional services like face painting, makeup artists, event styling, limousine transport, professional photography, etc**
We are unable to accept:
- Second-hand goods, clothing or toys (unless very specific to a wish, like signed merchandise)
- Used furniture
- Medical equipment
- Rides in personal vehicles or on motorbikes that are not registered to a business
- Firearms or any type of weaponry
- Items or event tickets affiliated with a particular religion (as we are a non-denominational charity)
- R-rated video games or DVDs containing explicit language, sexual content and/or violence
Thanks for your understanding, and we look forward to hearing from you!
*Please note we can't accept single event or sporting event tickets, as children must always be accompanied by a parent/guardian
**Anyone who undertakes child-related voluntary work in Australia is required to have a current Working with Children Check or Blue Card
Wish children whose images feature on this page:
Isla, 4, neuroblastoma - I wish to see snow and catch a snowflake on my tongue.