Wishes at Work
Our Workplace Giving Program is a simple and tax effective way for organisations and employees to come together to make a real impact.
The power of giving
Giving regularly through your workplace is one of the easiest ways you can help wishes come true for seriously ill children.
It’s also a great way to engage your employees and inspire a positive workplace culture.
Simple to set up
Workplace Giving is easy to set up through your payroll system.
- You'll donate from your pre-tax pay and receive the tax benefits immediately.
- Organisations have the option to match staff contributions and double the impact while supporting CSR goals.
All donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
The power of matched giving
When you give $5
...through a matched Workplace Giving program
It only costs you $3.50*
with your employer matching your $5
and Make-A-Wish receives $10!
Meaning more life-changing wishes for seriously ill kids
If just 10% of working Australians donated $5 a week, an extra $300 million would be raised
And that's before employer donation matching is added in!*
We're here to help. We can advise you on:
- Setting up your payroll system to give (it's easy!)
- Promoting Workplace Giving to your staff
- Creating a staff engagement strategy to help everyone take advantage of the immediate tax benefits of payroll giving.
Speak to a member of our team by calling 1800 032 260 or emailing [email protected]
In Australia today, the latest medical guidelines suggest more than 9,500 children have a life-threatening illness*. Thousands more are born or diagnosed with serious illnesses each year, for example:
- Around 3,000 babies are born with a heart condition each year (health.gov.au)
- One in every 2,500 births produces a child with cystic fibrosis (cysticfibrosis.org.au)
- 950 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer (Children's Cancer Institute)
While many kids eventually learn to cope with or even beat their illness, normal childhood experiences can easily get lost in the months and years of treatment needed to survive. There’s little opportunity for sick kids to just be kids, enjoying the moments other families take for granted. Your support is vital.
*Source: Palliative Care Service Development Guidelines – Dec 2018 Paediatric Addendum
*Example applies the marginal tax-rate for employees earning between $37,001 and $90,000pa at 1 March 2019. Excludes Medicare levy. (Matched giving)
*Exact figures are dependent on the individual’s ATO personal tax bracket (If just 10% of working Australians donated $5 a week, an extra $300 million would be raised)