Weddings, birthdays, celebrations
If your party plans are on hold at the moment, why not ask friends and family to donate in lieu of presents this year. Your online Wishing Well will support wish families who are doing it extra tough right now.
Ways to support
Parties with purpose
Birthday, wedding or something different... It’s easy to fundraise at your celebration by setting up your own online Wishing Well on the Make-A-Wish fundraising platform.
Not only will your gift be a great tax deduction for family and friends, you'll get a feel good factor knowing you're helping Australian families doing it tough right now.
Ask family and friends to donate to Make-A-Wish Australia to help make wishes come true.
Share a link to our secure online donation page, or use a wishing well to collect contributions and donate the grand total raised yourself.
Every dollar makes a huge difference in the lives of sick kids, their families and communities.
Want to plan a beautiful wedding that also gives back?
Cutlery and crockery are great, but if you feel like you already have everything you need, helping sick kids is an inspirational alternative.
Wedding fundraising ideas
Here's how to make an unforgettable wedding wish:
- Create an online celebration page - it's a thoughtful alternative to a gift registry. It only takes a few minutes to create, personalise and share with guests. See our FAQs below for some quick tips on getting started.
- For a more traditional alternative, you can also use a wishing well to collect cash donations on the day - you can deposit the total donation as a single sum.
- Say thank you to your guests with our Wish Wedding Favours, available at the Make-A-Wish Online Shop
Got a question? We're here to help
Yes. All transactions on the Make-A-Wish Australia website are secure and protected using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
When you donate online, Make-A-Wish uses Ezidebit, a reputable payment gateway, to process online donations on our behalf. The merchant will show as “Ezidebit” (rather than Make-A-Wish) on your credit or debit card statement.
- Create and personalise your fundraising page. Add a photo and tell people why you're helping make kids wishes come true - your friends want to hear your story.
- Aim high, and tell people why. Fundraisers who tell potential donors what their target is -and what it will achieve - raise 74% more than those who don’t.
- Spread the word. Share your page with family and friends, and let the world know you're making a difference for kids with life-threatening illnesses all over Australia. #makeawishAustralia
- Keep your page fresh. Update donors and potential donors about your event preparation and fundraising progress - what you're inspired by, any hurdles you've come across, what you're enjoying etc.
For more fundraising ideas and tips to reach your goal, get in touch with us.