Weddings, parties, celebrations
If your party plans are on hold at the moment, why not ask friends and family to donate in lieu of presents this year. Your online Wishing Well will support wish families who are doing it extra tough right now.
Ways to support
Parties with purpose
It’s easy to set up your own online Wishing Well page using our fundraising platform partner, everydayhero.
Not only will your gift be a great tax deduction for family and friends, you'll get a feel good factor knowing you're helping Australian families doing it tough right now.
- Create a Birthday, Christening, Bar or Bat Mitzvah or other celebration page
- Create a wedding page (instead of a gift registry)
Ask family and friends to donate to Make-A-Wish Australia to help make wishes come true.
Share a link to our secure online donation page, or use a wishing well to collect contributions and donate the grand total raised yourself.
Every dollar makes a huge difference in the lives of sick kids, their families and communities.
Give a gift that makes a difference and helps wishes come true. You'll find something for every occasion at our online Gift Wrapped store - from Make-A-Wish branded gifts and cards to party packs including invites, balloons and more.
Want to plan a beautiful wedding that also gives back? Cutlery and crockery are great, but if you feel like you already have everything you need, helping sick kids is an inspirational alternative.
Here's how to make an unforgettable wedding wish:
- Create an online celebration page (instead of a gift registry) using everydayhero, our fundraising platform partner. It only takes a few minutes to create, personalise and share your page with guests - see FAQs below for some quick tips on getting started.
- For a more traditional alternative, you can also use a wishing well to collect cash donations on the day - you can deposit the total donation as a single sum.
- Visit our online Gift Wrapped store for more ideas and wedding accessories, from invitations to decorations and bonbonniere.
Got a question? We're here to help
Yes, of course! When you raise money for Make-A-Wish, our expert Fundraising team is available at every step of the way to support you.
Call us on 1800 032 260 or email [email protected] anytime - we're here to help.
Everydayhero is a secure online fundraising platform that enables everyone to fundraise for causes they care about.
Make-A-Wish Australia has chosen everydayhero to help our supporters fundraise because it is simple, secure and easy for all.
Your friends and family can make a donation online anytime, helping bring wishes to life and supporting you at the same time!
Everydayhero securely processes all donations from your fundraising page, attributing these to your campaign and depositing total funds raised into Make-A-Wish Australia's bank account.
Everydayhero will issue donation receipts to all supporters - all donations over $2 are tax deductible.
Please note, transactions will appear as 'Everyday Hero' on supporter's bank statements.
Yes. All transactions on the Make-A-Wish Australia website are secure and protected using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
When you donate online, Make-A-Wish uses Ezidebit, a reputable payment gateway, to process online donations on our behalf. The merchant will show as “Ezidebit” (rather than Make-A-Wish) on your credit or debit card statement.
When you donate via a fundraising campaign on everydayhero, the merchant will show as "Everyday Hero".
From the Make-A-Wish event or celebration page, follow the link to build, personalise and share your page - it only takes a few moments.
- Create and personalise your page. Add a photo and tell people why you're helping make kids wishes come true - your friends want to hear your story.
- Aim high, and tell people why. Fundraisers who tell potential donors what their target is -and what it will achieve - raise 74% more than those who don’t.
- Spread the word. Share your page with family and friends, and let the world know you're making a difference for kids with life-threatening illnesses all over Australia. #makeawishAustralia
- Keep your page fresh. Update donors and potential donors about your event preparation and fundraising progress - what you're inspired by, any hurdles you've come across, what you're enjoying etc.
For more fundraising ideas and tips to reach your goal, get in touch with us.
Wish children whose images feature on this page:
Charli, 6, acute lymphoblastic leukaemia - I wish for a yellow Labrador puppy named Lola.