Donate in celebration
If your party plans are on hold at the moment, why not ask friends and family to donate in lieu of presents this year. Your online Wishing Well will support wish families who are doing it extra tough right now.
Ways to support
Parties with purpose
Birthday, wedding or something different... It’s easy to fundraise at your celebration by setting up your own online Wishing Well on the Make-A-Wish fundraising platform.
Not only will your gift be a great tax deduction for family and friends, you'll get a feel good factor knowing you're helping Australian families doing it tough right now.
Ask family and friends to donate to Make-A-Wish Australia to help make wishes come true.
Share a link to our secure online donation page, or use a wishing well to collect contributions and donate the grand total raised yourself.
Every dollar makes a huge difference in the lives of sick kids, their families and communities.
Give a gift that makes a difference and helps wishes come true. You'll find something for every occasion at our online shop - from Make-A-Wish branded gifts to unique wish kid designed products.
Hosting a birthday fundraiser but don’t know how to get started? It’s easy to fundraise for your birthday setting up your own online donation page on the Make-A-Wish fundraising platform. Through the donations granted by your family and friends you can change the lives of children currently awaiting a wish.
Celebrating a Bar or Bat Mitzvah? Turn your event into a meaningful celebration by fulfilling a wish for a child with a critical illness.
You have the power to change lives in both Australia and Israel through the Make-A-Wish Shared Appeal. All donations are shared between the two countries – where you live and where you love
> Create your Bar Mitzvah Page
Want to plan a beautiful wedding that also gives back?
Cutlery and crockery are great, but if you feel like you already have everything you need, helping sick kids is an inspirational alternative.
Here's how to make an unforgettable wedding wish:
- Create an online celebration page - it's a thoughtful alternative to a gift registry. It only takes a few minutes to create, personalise and share with guests. See our FAQs below for some quick tips on getting started.
- For a more traditional alternative, you can also use a wishing well to collect cash donations on the day - you can deposit the total donation as a single sum.
- Say thank you to your guests with our Wish Wedding Favours, available at the Make-A-Wish Online Shop
Our online shop has everything you need to help plan your celebration.
Got a question? We're here to help
Yes, of course! When you raise money for Make-A-Wish, our expert Fundraising team is available at every step of the way to support you.
Call us on 1800 032 260 or email [email protected] anytime - we're here to help.
Yes. All transactions on the Make-A-Wish Australia website are secure and protected using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
When you donate online, Make-A-Wish uses Stripe, a reputable payment gateway, to process online donations on our behalf. The merchant will show as “Make-A-Wish Australia Richmond Aus” on your credit or debit card statement.
- Create and personalise your fundraising page. Add a photo and tell people why you're helping make kids wishes come true - your friends want to hear your story.
- Aim high, and tell people why. Fundraisers who tell potential donors what their target is -and what it will achieve - raise 74% more than those who don’t.
- Spread the word. Share your page with family and friends, and let the world know you're making a difference for kids with life-threatening illnesses all over Australia. #makeawishAustralia
- Keep your page fresh. Update donors and potential donors about your event preparation and fundraising progress - what you're inspired by, any hurdles you've come across, what you're enjoying etc.
For more fundraising ideas and tips to reach your goal, get in touch with us.
No problem! We're here to help. Let us know your question by emailing [email protected] or calling the Fundraising team on 1800 032 260.