Our Refund Policy
As a trusted and independent children's charity, Make-A-Wish relies completely on the generosity of our supporters, partners and donors. This policy outlines how and when we are able to provide refunds on donations.
Thanks for choosing to give to Make-A-Wish Australia –wishes simply couldn’t come true without your support.
Your tax-deductible online donation is simple, secure and makes a lasting impact on the lives of sick kids, their families and wider communities.
As with any online transaction , we ask that you enter your details carefully when donating to Make-A-Wish, including the dollar value of your donation.
If you need a hand, feel free to call our Supporter Care team on 1800 032 260 who can also facilitate payments securely over the phone.
If you’ve accidentally donated the wrong amount, rest assured we can help.
While Make-A-Wish is under no obligation to refund donations made in error, we will always endeavour to fix any genuine errors (such as the amount donated) as soon as possible.
Please note, Make-A-Wish Australia does not normally offer refunds for a change of heart. It’s for this reason that we ask that you make your choice to donate carefully.
What you should do
You have up to 60 days to notify Make-A-Wish Australia of any errors and make a refund request in writing.
Please send your refund request in whichever way best suits you:
Email: [email protected]
Attention: Supporter Care & Engagement Manager
PO Box 5006
Burnley VIC 3121
Fax: 03 9426 0799
What to include
Be sure to include details of your original donation including:
- your full name (or the name used on your credit card)
- the donation date
- the donation amount
- your receipt number, and
- the nature of the error made.
What happens next?
Make-A-Wish Australia will review your refund request and let you know the outcome.
When your refund is approved, your original tax receipt becomes void and invalid, and a new receipt will be issued (where applicable).
- As a registered children’s charity and non-profit, Make-A-Wish is under no obligation to refund change of heart donations.
- Make-A-Wish reserves the right to deduct any bank fees, transaction charges or processing fees to the donor.
- Where refund requests are received more than 60 days after the error, Make-A-Wish Australia regrets that we are unable to issue a refund.
- Of course, should an error ever be made by Make-A-Wish Australia, our financial institution(s) or platform partners, a full refund will be made immediately upon notification of the error, with processing costs borne by us.