Your Gift A Wish toolkit
Thank you for getting behind Gift A Wish! There are loads of ways you can be involved - we’ve developed this toolkit to make it super easy for you to choose the right way for you to support Make-A-Wish for Christmas.
About Gift A Wish
- This Christmas, Make-A-Wish is showcasing some of our most popular wishes to create a perfect alternative gift selection for yourself, your friends, co-workers and loved ones.
How does it work? Visit www.makeawish.org.au/wishkring.. to choose a wish, make a donation and decide how you would like to share your gift. You can choose either a certificate to print, a video showing the impact of gifting a wish or a social post to share as your gift.
Why choose Gift A Wish?
It's quick, easy and life-changing.
No shopping centres, no plastic, no stress. Just joy, positivity and making the impossible possible for wish kids.
Each year, thousands of Australian children are diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. As a charity that receives no government funding, we heavily rely on the support of businesses and communities. Every dollar raised brings us a step closer to granting a wish for the 700 kids currently on their Wish Journey.
Show your support
Ways to be involved
Choose Gift A Wish as your corporate gift
For businesses looking to give a gift to suppliers, customers and contacts they've worked with throughout the year, you can choose to gift a wish. In place of a hamper or the money you’d spend on posting a card, make one online donation to a wish, choose the downloadable certificate or the video, which you can email to each of your contacts.
Consider Gift A Wish as a Kris Kringle gift
Lots of businesses hold a Kris Kringle as a part of their end of year celebrations. Gift A Wish is a great KK gift individuals can consider purchasing. It’s quick, easy, fits within most Kris Kringle budgets (you can gift a wish from just $10!), it's thoughtful and best of all, life-changing!
There is a flyer in the downloadable assets section below that you can email around the office or print and display in the office kitchen.
Spread the word
Whether you want to share why you choose to Gift A Wish this Christmas, or recommend it as a gift option to your audiences, we've got a social post ready to go for you! Use the wording and assets below to create a post to share on your channels or feel free to share our Gift A Wish posts throughout December.
There's also an e-signature in the downloadable assets that you can add to your emails to help spread the word and celebrate your contribution.
- Make-A-Wish Australia creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. From the simple to the seemingly impossible, wishes complement medical treatment – working to calm, distract and empower sick kids at the time they need it most. When a wish is realised, a child discovers that despite their situation, anything is possible.
- Make-A-Wish is the only Australian children's charity focusing exclusively on wishes.
- Over 9,500 kids in Australia are facing critical illness right now. Our mission is to grant a wish for every one of them to show that despite their situation, their greatest wish is possible.
Sharing the amazing things you’re doing to support Make-A-Wish through your social channels is a great way to build awareness of your activity and alignment to the Make-A-Wish brand. Here’s the best way to do it using the Make-A-Wish tags.
- Tag your posts with the official Make-A-Wish handle @MakeAWishAust - not only does this help spread awareness, we receive a notification so we can interact with your content.
- In addition, you can also use the hashtag #giftawish
- Whenever you mention us, please use our full name Make-A-Wish Australia, and avoid reference to ‘foundation’.
- You’re always very welcome to share Make-A-Wish posts or link through to content on our website, or videos on our YouTube channel.