Sunshine Coast Marathon 2022
2km | 5km l 10km l Half Marathon (21km) | Marathon (42km)
13-14 August 2022
Join Team Wish in Queensland
Located on the stunning Sunshine Coast, Queensland, an hours drive north of Brisbane, this not-for-profit event has been timed to make the most of the ideal Queensland winter running conditions. Blue skies, low humidity and mild temperatures combined with a flat course always enable fast times.
Join Team Wish for the chance to experience one of the world's most liveable cities on foot, and make wishes come true for sick kids at the same time - with the chance to run free when you raise $500 or more.
Perks of joining Team Wish
Run for FREE
Raise $500 or more and we'll refund your registration fee
Official Team Wish singlet
Raise $25 and you'll get an official Team Wish singlet to train in
Access our fundraising experts and online toolkit to help smash your goals
How it works
Joining Team Wish
- Head to the official event website to sign up for your place. During registration, you'll be asked to nominate a cause you care about - be sure to add Make-A-Wish!
- Got a place already? Join Team Wish by creating a fundraising page
- Personalise your fundraising page with your story of why you're taking on the challenge. Then share it with friends and family, collect donations and help make wishes come true. Every dollar counts!
Don't forget, when you raise over $500, we'll refund your registration fee!
Run for free
Raise $500 or more and we'll refund your registration fee!
I don’t think people realise how important wishes are for kids. They are going through hell and it gives them a distraction and something to look forward to.Beni’s mum - Beni, 11 wished to meet WWE hero
Why run for Team Wish?
Wish kids need stars like you!
Right now more than 800 critically ill children are waiting for their wish.
By joining Team Wish, you can help bring more life-changing wishes to life. Make a lasting impact to seriously ill kids and their families across Australia by signing up today!
Got a question? We're here to help!
- Create and personalise your fundraising page. Add a photo and tell people why you're helping make kids wishes come true - your friends want to hear your story.
- Aim high, and tell people why. Fundraisers who tell potential donors what their target is -and what it will achieve - raise 74% more than those who don’t.
- Spread the word. Share your page with family and friends, and let the world know you're making a difference for kids with life-threatening illnesses all over Australia. #makeawishAustralia
- Keep your page fresh. Update donors and potential donors about your event preparation and fundraising progress - what you're inspired by, any hurdles you've come across, what you're enjoying etc.
For more fundraising ideas and tips to reach your goal, get in touch with us.