Bring your creativity to work every day and join an amazing team who make magic happen.
- Richmond, Victoria
- 6 - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Make-A-Wish Australia makes wishes come true for critically ill kids, building resilience and complementing medical treatment. We’re working hard to make sure that in future, every single child facing serious illness can experience a vital Wish Journey.
We have an amazing and truly unique opportunity to join the dedicated team as Wish Designer based at HQ in Richmond.
The Wish Designer’s role is to design wishes for children living with critical illnesses. This role requires strong creativity to ensure that each wish is unique as well as superior organisation, budget management and leadership.
What a role! You will have extensive project management budgeting capabilities as well as previous leadership and stakeholder management experience. Your strong organisational skills will also come into play, as well as your collaborative and supportive style.
- Understanding wish specifications and collaborating with the team to design each wish with your creative flare
- Delegating tasks, developing schedules, and ordering supplies as required to create the wish
- Researching ideas and cultural details and incorporating these in to wish experiences
- Lead, mentor and train a team of Wish Producers to source and book cost effective and high-quality experiences
- Selecting all creative materials required to be used to bring wishes to life
- Providing cost estimates and negotiating with vendors to secure the best deals
- Act as SME in the Wish team, providing advice to team members and the wider business
- Work within the individual wish budget and wider wish budget
- Maintain and grow supplier relationships
Experience and skills
- A set design/arts degree or similar
- Additional experience in Theatre, Performing Arts, Design is a plus
- Excellent creative intelligence and time management skills
- A good eye for detail and the ability to generate many ideas
- Deadline-driven and committed
- Project management background
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills
- An ability to manage complex and emotionally charged situations calmly
- Empathetic and supportive nature
- Strong stakeholder management abilities
In return Make-A-Wish offers the opportunity to help make a life-changing difference for really sick kids and their families - what could be a better motivation?
How to apply
If all of the above has peaked your interest and you have the experience and drive to succeed in a role where you can truly help make a difference, apply now.
We partner with fibreHR to manage our recruitment. If you have any questions, call fibreHR on 03 9205 5800.
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include thorough screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this.