Business Partnerships Manager
Join an amazing team of passionate and driven people who make magic happen.
- Melbourne or Sydney
- Flexible work practices available
- Closing date: 31 May 2021
Make-A-Wish is one of Australia's most trusted charities who partner with seriously ill children, their families and medical teams to grant wishes as unique as the children who imagine them. Wishes work to complement medical treatment, build resilience and bring hope at a time when the children and their families need it most.
We currently have an opportunity for an ambitious and motivated Business Partnerships Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Partnerships, you will be responsible for delivering and nurturing strategic partnerships whilst growing a robust portfolio of new relationships with corporate and community-based businesses to increase income and enable the wish of every child to be granted.
- Drive individual approaches and negotiation with identified businesses
- Ability to develop, present and negotiate partnership proposals
- Conceptualise and deliver a range of creative marketing led campaigns with businesses that embody the values of Make-A-Wish
- Work with the Head of Partnerships to determine the annual budget for sponsorships and associated fundraising activities and provide periodic financial reports as required
- Actively participate in prospect mapping and segmentation specifically relating to corporations
- Take ownership of the prospect pipeline, ensuring that market potential is maximised and that relationships are continually progressed through the pipeline
- Conduct research in relation to prospective corporate partners
- Work with the team to keep abreast of campaign and partnership activity with a view to strong retention of current partners, renewal of accounts and growth of existing relationships
- Work collaboratively with other team members to deliver projects, outcomes for partners, achieve results and have a positive impact on the Make-A-Wish team culture.
Experience and skills
- Prior experience working in a similar role in a Not for Profit organisation would be advantageous
- Previous experience in sales, fundraising or securing and building corporate partnerships is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and build effective relationships with Stakeholders at all levels
- Proven ability to identify stakeholder needs and values and understand how to motivate them and communicate with them
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand an organisations competitive position
- Strong work ethic, passionate and goal orientated
- Self-driven, proactive and determined to succeed
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Being adaptable to change, bringing energy and learning quickly
In return for your passion, positivity, and enthusiasm, you will be part of a high performing team who are highly engaged and work tirelessly to help make a life changing difference to seriously ill children.
How to apply
If all of the above has sparked your interest and you have the previous experience and drive to succeed in this role where you can truly make a difference to so many people’s lives, then please send us a cover letter and your CV.
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include thorough screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this.